Are you a Hetalia fan? Do you have a favourite character or part of the world? Do you like anything to do with costumes, culture or history? Do you want to challenge yourself to a drawing challenge?
If you answered "Yes" to all of those questions, then you might be interested in the Hetalia: 100 Guises Challenge!
What is the "Hetalia: 100 Guises" Challenge?
The concept is quite simple. First of all, you sign up for a specific Hetalia character - it can be an official character OR an OC (we're not picky). Then, you will draw said character in 100 different outfits or forms of your choice. Anything goes when it comes to the costumes:
- official outfits from the anime
- historical costumes
- regional costumes
- cross-over costumes
- fantasy costumes (ex. drawing a character as a fairy or something)
- anything else you can imagine!
So it's really a very flexible project - you just need a character and a good load of imagination.
How to Join
For now, the Admin would like to keep things structured around here. Therefore, we are going to ask anyone who is interested in joining not only click the "Join the Group" button, but to also apply by sending us a Note. All you need to tell us is WHO you're interested in signing up for (so we don't get doubles!) and a SAMPLE of your artwork. Now, we don't need your stuff to be a super-good daily deviation level - our founder herself will tell you that she's a better writer than she is an artist. However, we DO expect your work to be neat, clean, and show that you have put time and effort into it.
1. Please be respectful to all other members. Just because you don't like someone's idea for a "guise" for their character or their drawing style doesn't automatically mean their work sucks. Failure to use proper tact will not be tolerated.
2. Try to keep the mature content to a minimum. We know it's tempting to, say, draw Francis naked with the rose censor. That's fine - but PLEASE...have the rose there, okay? There are young ones here and others who are simply uncomfortable seeing that. Use your own good judgment on whether your work needs a Mature Content Warning - if not, we may very well ask you to put one there.
3. There's no requirement on being historically accurate or whatever. However, PLEASE do not do something racist, sexist, hateful, etc. That's just unnecessary.
4. Please sign up for just one character at a time - once you've completed all 100 Guises for one, you can sign up for a new character.
5. You can group the pictures however you want - some like to draw chibis and post them three at a time, others might draw full single portraits or have clusters of four. It doesn't matter HOW you do it, just get all 100 done.
6. This is optional, but if you would like, you're more than welcome to send us a Journal listing all 100 Guises that you intend to do, and we'll be more than happy to post it here in our Members list.